Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Art In The Streets

by Colby Schinto
Since April 17th and through August 8th, 2011, MOCA, in downtown LA, has been holding an exhibit called "Art in the Streets". With almost one hundred different artists showcased, the exhibit shows the evolution of graffiti over the past few decades. Some of the most famous street artists have work on display here, including Banksy Andre, Shepard Fairey, Spike Jonze and many others. I recently visited for school when I was assigned to write a paper about the photography for my photo class. The experience was very unique and I found myself staying for much longer than I originally planned because of the immense collection of murals, photos, videos, and sculptures. There is so much to see in each room, and how much they differ, such as the neon room and the black and white room, make it even more interesting with each room you walk into. I’m really happy I went and it turned out a lot better than I expected. I highly suggest everyone to go see it. It is interesting for all ages and it is only $5 for students with an I.D. I promise you, you will enjoy it and will end up spending hours there looking around..

For More info

No comments:

Post a Comment