Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Defined


by Darya Hakimpour (@daryaxoxo)
Typically, when we think of summer, a few things come to mind: days spent lounging around the pool or tanning by the beach and nights spent with friends at parties. After all, the essence of this season is relaxation, right? Not necessarily.

For some people – myself included, these upcoming months may be some of the most stressful and hectic times. While others veer off course but have their fun, I plan to move my life forward. I’ll be taking three classes towards my B.S. in Political Science, working as an intern and also studying for the LSAT – all of which push me closer to my ultimate goal of becoming an attorney.

There’s nothing wrong with taking time off to unwind; everyone needs to get away from the stresses of daily life occasionally. However, after taking three months off, it doesn’t take long to realize that people who are more dedicated have left you behind. Perhaps realizing that our society has wrongly associated relaxation with summer is the first step to self-improvement during this season. In reality, summer is either a time to fall behind or get ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment