Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rant: The Help

The Help.

In the past three weeks, I have watched The Help at least seven times. It is easily one of my favorite movies. Not only does it combine the south and the sixties, but the lesson is amazing.

I think one reason I feel so connected to this movie is because of the character Celia Foote. I feel like Celia’s relationship with the other women in Jackson is very similar to my relationship with other girls, most of the time. I understand her feelings. There’s something comforting about that - that there’s someone else, even if it’s just a character in a movie, that feels the same way I often do. Maybe I’m being a little drastic, but I understand that feeling of isolation.

I’m gonna go watch it again


Alex Sautter (@calexifornia)

No comments:

Post a Comment