Friday, September 9, 2011

Questioned Artist: Nikki Garcia




Meet Nikki Garcia, she's a Freelance Makeup Artist/GoGo/Model from Riverside, CA. Since we know a lot of you love looking your best, we sat down with Nikki and asked her a few questions about the makeup artistry part of her life and other such curiosities.



What came first Nikki the model or Nikki the makeup artist?
Makeup artistry came first. I've been an artist for 8 plus years now and I love it. :)

Who have you had the most fun working with?
I've done everything from freelance to counter work. I'd have to say MAC has been my most fun to work with. I'm an artistry person so the job fits perfect. It's just a fun cosmetic line all around.

Number one make up tip?
Well you might laugh but I always like to tell my clients that "The eyebrows are the tits of your face" if your eyebrows aren't done or look bad it really just sets everything off. Eyebrows are a must, it really makes the face. 

What should be in every girls make up bag?
Bronzer!! It really gives the face some definition and warmth.

How does it feel to make some one beautiful? 
It really is a rewarding feeling knowing that with just a little makeup I can boost someones confidence. It's funny cause after each one of my clients they can't stop looking at the mirror. It really feels great.

What makes women beautiful? 
It's refreshing to see a woman walk in a room that has self confidence. I'd say that's the sexiest trait of all and I'm pretty sure you fellas can agree with that one.

Why do you do it, why does this make you happy?
This is my art, my muse. Some artists express themselves on a canvas or a wall but I express mine on people. It really is a form of art in itself and it makes me happy to express who I am through a "Look" alone. Or see someones face light up cause they never seen that part of themselves. That feeling is rewarding enough for me. I really do love what I do.

What look is hot this fall?
It would have to be that dark plum lip with a smokey grayish/purple eye and a warm colored blush to set the tone.

What are some of your other interest? 
I love the beach, laying out, swimming. I love being a home body when I actually get the time to be home and watch movies and I love to eat. I'm a piggy when it comes to food.

Curiosities!Odd Hobby? I have this weird obsession with colorful fun socks and straws. Lol. What do you do for fun? Im a big movie buff, tanning, shopping, beach, hang out with the BF or my friends. Happy hour at Fridays... Lol yum! How do you feel about Twitter? I love twitter!! I think it's a great way to keep in contact with your friends and meet new ones. I'm always on it all day.  Tweet me! Lol. Biggest inspiration? Well I'm a big fan of "Old Hollywood" pinups. It's such a beautiful timeless era. So classy and elegant. Marilynn Monroe is def a fav. My inspiration for my fashion and makeup comes from there. It's new fashion but with a twist of that old classy look. Who is the real Nikki? Well my name is Nikki Marie but known in the industry as Nikki Rockstar. I'm latina and I've been a Gogo dancer for about 6 years, now modeling for 5. I'm down to earth, humble and all around a happy person. I'm loyal to my loved ones and sometimes a bit of a goofball. I love Ink and anything vintage. You can call me classy wit a twist of hood and the girliest Tom boy you'll ever meet.






No comments:

Post a Comment