Thursday, October 20, 2011

Think Different: Thanks Steve Jobs



Like so many in the world, I felt saddened and sickened by the news of Steve Jobs’ death - letting out a shocking gasp in my office cubicle. Most of us knew this day would come soon, but after fighting a public battle since 2004 with pancreatic cancer and his recent resignation as Apple’s CEO, we had to prepare for the worst. However, his death still surprised me. It broke my heart. Knowing that one of the wealthiest and smartest men in the world could not save himself when death came knocking? Talk about a reality check.


iSad. Sad by the fact that this world has lost one of its great innovators. A man dedicated to his passion. A man who thought differently… Ugh. Whyyyy, Steeeeeve, why? … But, his passing is an excellent reminder of how important it is to follow our dreams and live life to the fullest. It is the little things in life that matter the most because even all of the money in the world can’t bribe the grim reaper. Steve told us that we can change the world. And we can. Call me crazy, but I am going to change the world. I want to change the way people look at life, at themselves, at others. I want to inspire. I want to create. I want to do something great - to be great. And maybe I’ll have to do it by myself, but even some adventures have to be done alone. So thank you, Steve. Thank you for your inspiration. Thank you for waking me up and reminding me that I, too, can be great. That anybody who believes enough can change the lives of others. That every day must be lived as if it’s the last day. For you, I will stay hungry. I will stay foolish. I will think different.

Carpe Diem.
R.I.P. Steve



Alex Sautter (@calexifornia)

No comments:

Post a Comment