Friday, August 12, 2011

Boy in Detention Review


Now, before I let you explore my opinion, I just want to make this clear: I love Chris Brown. I'm not obsessed like some of his fans, nor will you catch me promoting my love for him 24/7 on social networks, but, I was hardly mad at him when he punched Miss Rihanna, and he will forever be featured on my play list...that is...if he stops his rap career NOW! I love him too much to be "hating", "bashing", or "jealous". I just simply want him to take advantage of the gift God gave him, so he can stop stealing images that just do not fit him.

Is it me, or did he all of a sudden get bold after the Rihanna situation? I feel like he went to jail, met a thug, and came out trying to be the new Lil' Wayne, but instead, he sounds like Tyga in ridiculous songs such as "100 bottles", "First 48", AND "Snapbacks back" Wait...what? He's trying to be grown at 22 in 2011, but then puts out somethin' like "Snapbacks Back" on his mixtape? I mean, he pretty much took himself back five years on that. Him and Tyga murdered that song, and I don't mean that in a good way. As a rapper, Chris is supposed to make songs that rap lovers can nod their heads to. If I nod my head to CB's current stuff, I'm going to end up with a concussion. This is crazy.


Other songs on his mixtape, like "Body on Mine" and "Spend it All", remind me of Drake's style, especially with the combined singing and rapping on one track. However, Drake sounds better.

Still, songs on his new mix tape, like "Strip", "Last", "Leave the Club", and " Private Dancer", are good songs that suit HIM. The R&B flow defines CB, at least in my opinion. He sounds the best when he's comfortable in his own image and style; just as a stripper is more comfortable in lingerie and ultra-high Steve Madden's, and a athlete is more comfortable in basketball shorts and Nike's. When you're comfortable, you perform well, and when you perform well, everyone notices and wants to see and hear more.

I don't want CB's career to end with his age, like Bow Wow's and Lil' Romeo's. He has the talent to move on and I just hope he doesn't put it in rapping, because then his career will end faster than it started and he will be stuck Tweetin' depressing tweets like Bow Wow. But, again, this is all my opinion-listen to his "Boy in Detention" mix tape and agree or disagree with me. If you can't find it anywhere, download the free app "DATPIFF MOBILE" off your iPhone and listen to it ASAP. If you don't have the iPhone by now, you slippin'. Get one. Asap.

Iman Autman (@upt0wntruths)


No comments:

Post a Comment