Monday, August 22, 2011

Photographer: Lauren Randolph


Name: Lauren Randolph

Age: 26

Location: Los Angeles, CA


What type of photography do you usually do? I focus mostly on portraiture - staged scenes, that are usually planned out and set up. However, I practice a more documentary style of photography throughout my daily life, capturing moments I want to remember for myself.

When did you first get interested in photography? I've always been the person amongst my group of friends who carried a camera around everywhere we went. I guess I've always had a passion for photography, but it wasn't until college that I started to develop my own personal style creatively. I discovered that I liked having a voice, and being able to tell a different story that I've made up for each photo.

What's your favorite project you've done so far? In 2009 I did a 365 Project - a series of self portraits, one taken every day of the year. This was not only a fun way for me to document all the changes that I was going through that year, but also helped my skills photographically. It's amazing what you can teach yourself just by being disciplined enough to actually make something every single day.

Are you working on anything specific right now? I'm actually about to leave for the next month or so for all sorts of travels. I'll be shooting photos, and giving a couple small talks of my work and photography workshops - one in Bulgaria, and another over in Virginia. It's incredible to be able to take my photography on the go, and be given the opportunity to be able to make new portfolio work all over the world.

Have you worked with any magazines, websites, or brands our readers might know? I've worked for a wide variety of clients, and am starting now to push for more printed editorial work. I was also recently named one of the Top 15 Instagram users on Mashable.com, which featured a selection of my mobile photography.

What do you hope to accomplish in the future?
As long as I can continue to work professionally as a photographer, as well as have the time to work on my own personal projects, I'll be happy. There's always going to be bigger and better opportunities that I'll want to achieve, but only time and experience will bring me those things.


Check out Lauren's
website for more of her work, and follow her on Twitter and Tumblr!
















No comments:

Post a Comment