Saturday, December 10, 2011

Featured Photographer: Tony Katai





Katai, a 19-year-old, Detroit native, is talented beyond his years.  WadidoLA had a chance to interview him.  Check it out below, along with samples of his talent.

WLA: When and why did you first get into photography?
TK: One of my buddies started shooting and gave me an old Nikon fe2 35mm camera during the winter of 2006. So, I started shooting film and everything blossomed from there.

WLA: Do you have a day job?
TK: I'll usually have a few shoots every week. But, other than that, you can find me chillin', playin' pool, makin' music, eatin' grapes off a vine, or blazin' fatties.

WLA: How would you describe your photographic style?
TK: Creative and professional. Psychedelics usually influence my more personal work. When I'm working with clients, I like to keep it clean and professional-looking, yet keeping my style to the photographs.

WLA: Where do you most like to shoot?
TK: I like shooting in various neighborhoods within the Detroit city limits. My favorite spots include: Belle Isle, Eastern Market, and Milwaukee Junction.

WLA: Have you ever worked with anyone that was really exciting?
TK: I'm very thankful to have worked with some really great photogs. Most of them I can call good friends. Im actually in the process of starting up a photo mag that will feature some big name photogs.

WLA: Have you shot for any magazines our readers might know?
TK: xlr8r magazine was my biggest gig as far as magazines go. I shot the main editorial for some Detroit electronic music producers a few years ago.

WLA: Are you working on any current projects?
TK: I actually just began a short film series. Not going to ruin the suprise though!

WLA: Where do you plan to take your photography in the future?
TK: I plan to take my work around the world. I'd like to be touring around selling prints and hangin around big mountains.


To check out more of Katai's photography, visit his professional site and his Tumblr.  Follow him on Twitter!




























6 comments:

  1. Tony is one of the photographer who most inspired me, not only for take photos, also for live my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HES GOT A GREAT EYE FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL SCENERY THAT HE SAW THIS YEAR ON ALL HIS ROADTRIP ADVENTURES. I MOST LIKE HIS BAND SHOOTS. HE MAKES IT LOOK SO SIMPLE. BUT I'M SURE IN HIS HEAD HIS EYE HAS MADE THE DECISION , ALL SET UP BEFORE HE SHOOTS. HES INSPIRED ME TO LOOK AT THINGS IN EVERY PROSPECTIVE. YBS-AND ALWAYS MUCH LOVE TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. Interior Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. advertising photographer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. Event Live Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. Wedding Venues

    ReplyDelete