Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Steal of Tha Draft Review


Up-and-coming rapper out of California E. Cov (or Eric Covington) just realized his first official debut project “Steal of Tha Draft” July 27, 2011. This was the first time I’d ever heard of E. Cov and any of his music. Because his music was foreign to me, I did not know exactly what to expect.


To my surprise, I was actually very pleased with the tape. E. Cov portrayed himself to rap about relatable and everyday topics today, not the fly and flashy no one wants to hear about like most rappers do today. I am very surprised that this is a just mixtape, as well. It sounds very well planned and thought out; enough to be an official album. The tape includes special appearances from known musicians such as Casey Veggies, Brilliante, and Giulietta.

Although E. Cov is an East Coast native who moved to the West, you can definitely hear the West Coast influence within his music. That’s an undeniable plus because the West Coast is currently conquering in the music industry as of now. If E. Cov keeps up this good work, he will certainly be on his way to join the upcoming greats who are coming out of the West today.

Must Hears: Draft Day Ft. Giulietta, Feel Good Music Ft. Casey Veggies, Before I’m Gone, Bo$$ Shit, Western Comfort, Flawle$$

Nice job, E. Cov!

Osa Ogbebor (@rosaparkks)

No comments:

Post a Comment