Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm trendy, so what

Lauren Danielle (@ladyinredxo)
Fashion. It's everything to me. I love all the different styles and trends, and I don’t just stick to one, I try anything that I like, without caring what other people think. That’s the beauty of fashion. Fashion doesn’t just stick to clothes, shoes, or accessories either (although I do have a lot of those). To me, fashion includes hair, make-up, and nails as well. This may sound vain, but I never leave the house without putting in an effort. Even to walk the dog, I have to feel completely ready to do so. I may just be wearing joggers, high tops, and a tee, but I still make sure that I look good. Every day, without fail, I do this, because who knows what the day will bring? Some people mistake looking good for trying too hard to impress others, or to attract a man. But this is wrong. When I go out with my friends for a night on the town, I take ages to get ready, wear a tight dress, like my favourite leopard print dress (I have a slight obsession with animal print), and sky high heels. This isn’t to impress a man, but to make me feel good, which allows me to have fun with my friends. I get my hair done on a regular basis – bright red - so I stand out. I like to be centre of attention and fashion gives me a way to do this. Today I’m getting my nails done, with zebra print tips (there’s the obsession again), just because. Recently I’ve lost half a stone – for you Americans who don’t understand this (ha), I now weigh 7lbs less. So, right now I’m feeling extremely confident. Changes like this turns heads, and what’s better than that for an ego boost? When I see people who don’t seem to have an interest in fashion, it confuses me, because it is so easy to do. In my opinion, looking good makes you and those around you happy. And there’s nothing like happiness, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment