Saturday, June 25, 2011

So you think you can tweet


Raquel Brown (@Dakinigirl)
Tweet this, tweet that...filling people's time lines with sometimes what seems like senseless blabber. Words fill up my screen, and some are quite interesting conversations actually, but some leave you looking at your screen with a blank stare. Hashtags, gotta have the hashtag, make a statement and make it seem as if the message you are trying to convey is more powerful and popular than it really is, all because of this simple symbol before it. The superpower of the keyboard, the steroid for the written word... #Powerful!

#Amazing, this thing called Twitterland is...you reach millions of people, with the stroke of a few keys, and a hard tap against the enter button. I, myself. belong to this world and have actually made a few friends on this wonderful platform. But, as amazing as this #TweetNation is, it's also a place were people come to slander others.

Yes, hate flocks to Twitter as well. Unfortunately, certain individuals seem to think it's ok to "talk" about others on Twitter...they are only words, they do not matter. Or so they think.

You don't even have to be a celebrity these days to be included in the bullying. It's a free-for-all, equal opportunity, good or bad tweet fest...*Shrugs*

Well, as I try to keep myself out of the negative tweets...I shall continue to log on to my Twitter account, and post comments, pictures, and encouraging words to my Tweeples. Because, after all, words do matter, spoken or written. I choose to make mine kind ones; I'd rather sprinkle niceness across my TL (time line) than put negativity out into the Universe for the world to read.

So, when you ask me to "Follow", or you decide to "Follow me", remember this: I tweet, a lot sometimes, some are random, some motivational, and during NFL or NBA season, watch out...I may get feisty..."Follow me" at your own risk, because sometimes, my words are not for the faint of heart...#lol
Follow me @Dakinigirl. #BrightEyedSmile ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment