Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fashion Chalet





The girl behind Fashion Chalet (she has 31,000+ followers on Bloglovin!) is Erika Marie.  This 25-year-old lives in Raleigh, NC and started her blog almost four years ago.  It's grown exponentially since then and it's no surprise why!  Her daily outfit posts make any girl envious of her seemingly-endless wardrobe.  We were able to sit down with Erika and talk about her experience as a blogger so far.  Check it out and see what she picks as must-haves for this winter!




WLA: What made you want to start a fashion blog? 
EM: I wanted a place to share my looks/outfits and inspirations. Also, a place to connect with other people as fashion obsessed as I am. I find blogging to be a healthy hobby and outlet.

WLA: What has been the coolest part of seeing your blog grow and become so popular? 
EM: I think the most exciting part is being able to make friends with so many fashionable people, in all corners of the world. My very first trip to New York City happened thanks to my blog. And, it's always fun to be approached in person by a reader. It gives me butterflies every single time! :)

WLA: What has been the most difficult part of maintaining your blog? 
EM:  Having to create content almost every day. It's fun, but it's gone from hobby to now a full-time job! I love it though! :)

WLA: What would you say is the most amazing experience that has come out of the blog? 
EM:  Meeting my icon, Oliva Palermo, backstage during New York Fashion Week. Also, attending Fashion Week in general. 

WLA: Do you have a day job? 
EM: I work part-time as a writer.

WLA:  What are some of your other hobbies and interests? 
EM: Singing, dancing, biking and watching scary movies!

WLA: Do you have a favorite designer? 
EM:  I love the minimalistic aesthetic that Alexander Wang is known for. The edginess from Proenza Schouler. Classic cuts and staples from Chanel. Ports 1961 is designed for the modern Audrey Hepburn's of the World. And anything from Givenchy, Balenciaga, and Stella McCartney!

WLA:  Where do you get inspiration for your outfits and style? 
EM:  Music, movies, fashion magazines, and models!

WLA:  Do you have any favorite places to shop (stores or websites)? 
EM:  Shopbop, Neiman Marcus, H&M, Zara, and Forever 21. I shop online a lot, too.

WLA:  What would you describe your personal style as? 
EM:  Classic with some edge. I hate to dress boring. I always get this urge to throw something unexpected or colorful in. I'm also an advocate for comfort! Erin Wasson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Kate Moss are great at looking chic and comfortable at the same time.

WLA:  What are your plans for the future? 
EM:  I hope to work for a major fashion magazine someday. Be it writing and/or styling. I also hope to design a capsule collection with a brand I admire. I'm a shoe girl, so that would definitely be fun.

WLA:  Are you working on any fun projects right now? 
EM:  I've teamed up with some very famous twins on a Blog Photo Shoot Project. Coming soon..!

WLA:  What are your wardrobe must-haves for fall? 
EM: Capes, boots, chunky socks, leg warmers, and vintage faux fur coats.

WLA:  Do you have any advice for our readers that may be bloggers? 
EM:  Keep at it, above all, have fun. The rest will follow. Happy blogging! And thanks for reading FashionChalet.net!


Check out Fashion Chalet

Follow Erica on Twitter

View her Youtube channel

Like Fashion Chalet on Facebook 








No comments:

Post a Comment