Saturday, January 21, 2012

RANT: Sickity Sick Sick


*cough* *sniffle* *sniffle* *cough*

Pop, I think I have… the black lung…

Really though. It’s one of those days where I am asking “What the fuck is wrong with me?” It began on Saturday. Friday wasn’t a particularly wild night. We went out in Venice for a friend’s birthday. Stayed up rather late. Got home at 4:30AM. The sleep deprivation probably didn’t help.


I wasn’t feeling extra great on Saturday when we went to the bar to watch the 49ers beat the Saints. In fact, a friend and I left at the end of the 3rd quarter because we were to exhausted to handle the crowd. Sure, the most exciting 4th quarter I’ve ever witnessed in a NFL game brought me back to life for about 30 more minutes - but then I crashed. I hit the fucking wall. Hello, bed.

I didn’t go out on Saturday night. I couldn’t tell you what was wrong with me - I was simply exhausted. Slightly stuffy. Slightly sore throat. When I awoke on Sunday morning, all of those symptoms were multiplied x548234. I drank half the bottle of Dayquil. But, with the plethora of good news I received that day, I decided to go out that night. Nothing big - just to a friend’s for a movie and a drink. Harmless right? Well, I slept all of Monday. Literally. I woke up at noon for about 2 hours and woke up again around 4 or 5. All day. And the worst part was that I still wasn’t feeling 100%. I went to sushi with a friend, figuring the miso soup might help and my stomach needed a light meal like rice. I felt a little better.

But, today is Wednesday, and I still feel crappy. I’m so tired but I can’t sleep. I’m sniffling. I’m stuffy. I’m groggy. I’m whiny. I’m layered. Ugh.

All I want is miso soup and Tylenol PM.


Alex Sautter (@calexifornia)




No comments:

Post a Comment