Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book Worm

I know I'm not the only one that can say my favorite summer-time activity is enjoying the beautiful weather by the pool while reading a good book. Luckily for me (and you!), this weekend is the perfect time to stock up on books for the summer. The University of Southern California is hosting the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this Saturday (4/30) and Sunday (5/1)! All week as I walk to my classes I've seen them setting up tent after tent, booth after booth, in preparation. Admission into the festival is free, and it's open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm respectively, so feel free to drop by for an hour or for the whole day. The Los Angeles Festival of Books began in 1996, as a result of a desire to bring together the people who write books and the people who love to read them. Since then, it's become the most prestigious book festival in the country, attracting people from all around the nation. Booksellers, publishers, authors, and literacy and cultural organizations will all be selling and promoting books, so there will be ample opportunity to meet big names in the publishing and writing industry. There are panels and seminars led by experts throughout the weekend on a variety of topics. A full list of the scheduled events can be found Here. The presenting sponsor this year is Target, and other sponsors include Buick, GMC, Eventbrite, and McDonald's so get ready for tons of fun promotional activities, games, and food! I hope to see you at the festival this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment