Saturday, July 23, 2011

Interview: Aaron Feaver, Photographer


Aaron Feaver is a 32 year-old photographer based in LA, and WadidoLA got a peek into his unique view and style with this interview and some of his favorite photographs.

Q: How and when did you first get into photography?
A: I've liked taking pictures ever since I was a kid, but I only got into taking pictures of people about a year and a half ago.

Q: What type of photography do you usually do?
A: Fashion photography.

Q: What would you describe your artistic and photographic style as?
A:
Hmm…someone told me my style is "girl in a field" and I guess that fits.

Q: Do you always shoot in LA? Where are some of your favorite places to shoot?
A:
I shoot wherever I am, which is usually in LA. I love traveling and shooting in new places, though. LA has amazing scenery, from the ocean to mountains to desert; it's great. I love shooting up in the canyons above Malibu, or at the beach of course.



Q: What type of camera do you use?
A:
I use lots of different cameras, but my favorite these days is a Pentax 67.

Q: Are you currently working on any new projects?
A:
I've always got several projects in the works, which means I'm always about two weeks behind on editing photos.

Q: What do you consider your favorite project so far?
A:
I really like a story I shot for the Ben Trovato website a couple of months ago, with my girlfriend.

Q: Has your work ever been featured on any websites or in any magazines our readers can check out?
A:
I've had stories in web magazines like Ben Trovato, Cake, PluzUltra and the now-gone Sloane. I haven't done much print work, yet, but I've had some photos in Foam magazine and the Swiss magazine Kinki.


Be sure to follow Aaron on Twitter and Tumblr and like him on Facebook!

To see more of his recent work, visit his portfolio at
http://feaverishphotography.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment